A circular saw is one of the most important tools for professional carpenters, woodworkers, or property owners looking to do upgrades. It is a priority machine if you occasionally engage in some DIY upgrades from your backyard.
Circular saws are not only versatile but are also the most portable cutting tools you can get your hands on. They perform the work of a table saw, and are great for outdoor or external site jobs. It offers extra power from its motors that guarantee sustained workability.
And before we explore this review for the best circular saws under $50, the following are key aspects people take into consideration when buying a circular saw:
- Cutting depth – which determines the thickness of wood the saw can slice through.
- Dust collecting system – the saw’s ability to eliminate dust and debris to enhance the users’ visibility.
- Blade’s Rounds Per Minute (RPM) – determines how fast the cuts are.
- Power – indicates the amount of power generated by the saw’s motors, usually in RPM units.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best circular saw types you can get your hands on for less than $50.
List of the Best Circular Saws Under $50
1 BLACK+DECKER 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Laser, 13-Amp
The BLACK+DECKER 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw generates the best blend of power accuracy needed for all your multifunctional tasks, which is why it is coming first in this review. It is uniquely and compactly designed to offer unrivaled portability as well as user safety to ensure you are protected while working. Moreover, its motors deliver astounding power that makes it your best pick for the best circular saw under $50.
The BLACK+DECKER 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw is now a household name to help you power your DIY errands. It is reasonably priced and comes with amazing features that include:
- Engine capacity – the motor delivers 3500 RPM cutting power that guarantees continuous workability for various cutting projects. Besides, this power is sufficient to enable you to handle tough tasks regardless of the objects you are dealing with.
- Laser-guided cut line – the laser cut line guide is especially useful for novices. That’s because the laser light directs the user in making quick and accurate cuts.
- Has a spindle lock – that will enable you to change blades quickly and seamlessly.
- Has a lightweight and compact design – that will ensure portability and fewer chances of fatigue when in use. This will help you accomplish tasks quickly and with absolute control.
- Seamless bevel adjustment – the BLACK+DECKER 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw is fitted with bevel alteration that enhances accuracy when carrying out those zero to 45 degrees angled cuts.
- Comes with a two-year limited warranty that gives the user peace of mind because all parts are covered.
- It is powered with a 13 Amp motor for application in multifunctional tasks.
- Easy bevel adjustment with the spindle lock for clean and accurate angled cuts.
- Risk-free investment.
- Compact and lightweight design for more control.
- Laser-guided cut lines for clean and accurate cuts.
- Maximum cutting depth of 2.5 inches at 90 degrees.
- Less costly and affordably priced on Amazon services, which is more pocket-friendly compared to other models in the same category.
- Furnished with safety features.
- The laser light guide is limited to indoor use only.
2 BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX 5-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw, Tool Only (BDCCS20B)
The Black & Decker BDCCS20C Cordless circular saw is designed for versatility, power, and high performance. As one of the best circular saws under $50 to feature in this review, this saw is fitted with a powerful motor that can reach speeds of 3700 RPM, which is sufficient for home tasks and DIY improvement projects. Looking to make those otherwise impossible tasks? Well, this tool is your ideal peak with its cutting depths and angled adjustments.
- Powered by a 3700 RPM, which is a high-torque motor capable of different applications.
- Outfitted with a cordless circular saw with a blade dimension of 5-1/2 inches, which is ideal for a variety of cuts.
- Has bevel adjustments of both 45 and 90 degrees.
- The package comes with a two-year warranty on its components.
- Compact design for ease of use.
- Cordless circular saw of 5-inch dimension for fast cuts.
- Motor powered with high torque for performance.
- Risk-free investment.
- Lightweight and fairly easy to control, making it ideal for entry-level users.
- It is battery-powered; hence you expect it to have limited performance compared to corded circular saws.
- The battery can power a heavy load but it is limited to an hour.
3 Corona RS 7265D Razor-TOOTH Folding Pruning Saw, 10-Inch
The Corona folding razor-tooth saw is a fast and quite efficient cutting tool, and for its low budget of $21.72, it makes the cut for the best circular saws under $50. Manufactured by Corona Inc., this tool undergoes 4 stages of manufacturing to guarantee hardness, friction-free usage, and durability. This tool is also available in a variety of sizes depending on what suits your project needs. Furthermore, the tool has been used since the 1920s as a top consumer product for gardening, landscaping, construction, and agricultural tasks. It has gone through multiple improvements through the years to become one of the best circular saws under $50 today.
- The razor is outfitted with 3-sided teeth to enable fast and efficient cutting.
- The tool has a handle co-molded to give you comfort while gripping it, which ensures absolute control while in use.
- Has a curved, foldable razor that minimizes injury while on the ground or not in use.
- The razor teeth undergo impulse hardening for long service; hence the user wouldn’t have to worry about secondary costs stemming from seasonal replacements.
- The razor is designed with 6 teeth per inch’s length for faster and clean cuts.
- Lightweight for enhanced control
- Foldable razor to minimize the risk of injury.
- Affordably priced at amazon.
- Limited use
4 WORX WX081L Zip-Snip Cutting Tool
The Zip-Snip tool was designed to perform the cutting jobs that scissors couldn’t do. And we all know how frustrating it can be to use scissors for cutting tough stuff. This product has self-sharpening teeth that make it easy to slice through tough plastic, cardboard, and other recyclables. It is perfect for small tasks like opening heavy synthetic bags of fertilizers, poultry and pet foods, something you might find frustrating doing with knives or scissors.
- Molded with a soft grip to enhance control and comfort, and is ideal if your hands fatigue easily.
- They are cordless electric scissors that can cut tough material without the strain you might expect with knives or scissors.
- The blade is designed to sharpen itself while in use. Therefore, you wouldn’t have to worry about it running blunt as the blade stays sharp.
- Fitted with a 4 Max Lithium battery that lasts for months, while maintaining a powerful spin that cuts through various materials with ease.
- It is engineered with cutting-edge tech that ranks above anything you have used as a cutting tool, and it is designed with long-lasting components.
- Lightweight for less fatigue and more control.
- Battery last for months.
- Affordably priced at $44.48, which is a great return for the buck as this is one of the best circular saws under $50.
- The blades sharpen themselves while in use.
- Has an internal battery that can be topped up.
- Comparatively more expensive than other models in the category.
5 Skil 5080-01 13-Amp 7-1/4" Circular Saw, Red
The SKIL 5480-01 13 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Kit is a complete kit that comprises a wrench, a saw, and a carbide blade made up of 18 teeth. It is your ideal pick for the occasional DIY tasks at the house or the regular local woodworking shop. Its versatility is great for use on a variety of wood and other medium-duty materials. This tested and tried cutting tool is highly recommended for beginner-level and novice craftspeople. It is pocket-friendly and users can expect the following features:
- Offers diverse applications as its circular saw blade can be angled to make 45-degree cuts.
- Comes with a one-year warranty that covers its key components, namely the 5080-circular saw, the blade wrench, and the 18-tooth carbide blade.
- Powered with a 13 Amp motor that generates sufficient power and performance for varied applications.
- Has an enhanced dust blower that clears sawdust from the cutting line to ensure the user makes quick and accurate cuts.
- Bevel adjustment of up to 51 degrees will ensure the user makes a variety of cuts.
- Has a blade wrench along with the spindle lock that will make your blade changing quickly and seamlessly.
- Has an 18-tooth carbide blade that can slice through a variety of wood and materials such as fences, decks, bunk beds, and sheds.
- A corded-electric power source that you can easily top up while in use.
- Has certified and frustration-free components.
- Risk-free investment as it comes with a one-year warranty.
- Comes with a 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee.
- Has a 20% wider base plate than regular models, thus offering the user more control.
- Easy to use.
- Spindle lock for seamless blade changes.
- Affordably priced on Amazon services, which is easily within reach.
- Comparatively heavier
6 BLACK+DECKER Matrix Attachment, Trim Saw (BDCMTTS)
The BLACK+DECKER BDCMTTS Matrix Trim Saw Attachment is compactly designed for portability, it is lightweight too weighing 2.03 pounds, and both features will guarantee more comfort and control if you get your hands on this tool. Additionally, it comes with a spindle lock button to help you change blades seamlessly. And all this is within reach at a measly budget , which makes it one of the best circular saws under $50. Among others, it has the following features:
- It is a corded-electric cutting tool that will enable you to top up power while using it.
- The trim saw is designed to suit usage with any other tool in the Black & Decker category such as the BDCDMT112 and the BDEDMT.
- It is powered by a motor that can adjust the speed from zero to 2600 RPM.
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Affordably priced on amazon.
- Offers sufficient power for tasks like paneling, fencing, and plywood.
- Limited use
7 GALAX PRO 12A 5500RPM Corded Circular Saw
This tool is designed with a 7-1/4″ Circular saw blade and a laser guide to give you confidence while making clean and accurate cuts. It has a maximum cutting that’s suitable for a variety of cutting tasks.
- Has an angled cutting depth of 2.45″ at 90°, and a cutting depth of 1.81″ at 45°, which is ideal for Wood and Log Cutting.
- It is laser-guided integration that forms apparent lines to enable beginner level and novices to make precise cuts with confidence.
- Has a flexible bevel adjustment from zero to 62 mm.
- Equipped with a 12 Amp motor that can deliver up to 5500 RPM that can cut through metallic planes, tiles, plastics, and wood.
- The tool is equipped with a 24-tooth TCT circular saw blade that, among its other components, comes with a warranty card.
- High torque motor for maximum power and efficiency.
- Comes with an integrated dust blower.
- Risk-free investment.
- Has laser light and rip fence for accuracy.
- Affordable price on amazon.
- Its power source is corded-electric for the easy top-up.
- Comparatively more expensive than other models in the best circular saw under the $50 category.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the best circular saw for the money?
A: The BLACK+DECKER 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Laser, 13-Amp (BDECS300C).
Q: What is the best circular saw for home use?
A: Get the best speed and power for your DIY projects in the backyard with the BLACK+DECKER 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Laser, 13-Amp (BDECS300C).
Q: What is the best cheap circular saw?
A: The best low-budget circular saw is the Corona RS 7265D Razor-TOOTH Folding Pruning Saw, 10-Inch.
Professional carpenters, woodworkers, or DIYers will bear witness to how convenient a circular saw can be. A perfect circular saw will basically eliminate the need for a table saw as long as it offers the motor power, safety features, speed that can help you accomplish your project. And you can benefit from the above reviews for the best circular saws under $50.