7 Best Circular Saw for Woodworking
Woodworking projects require you to have the best circular saw that makes the whole process much easier. With the best circular saw for woodworking, you are guaranteed of making the best cuts in whatever projects you are working on. The good thing about the best circular saws for woodworking is that you can easily find them in most of the home improvement stores, or even in online retails such as Amazon.
With circular saws, users are sure of completing their woodworking tasks easily and without any difficulties. Your choice of the best circular saw for woodworking depends on the kind of work that you want to complete and how simple or complex the work is. Below is a list of some of the best circular saws for woodworking.
List of the top 7 Circular Saw for Woodworking
1 DEWALT 6-1/2-Inch 20V Max Circular Saw - Best Circular Saw for Woodworking
The DEWALT 6-1/2 inch 20V Max circular saw is one of the best circular saws for woodworking. This is a cordless circular saw that is very convenient and is a portable power tool.
This circular saw has a brushless motor that is mainly used to adjust the power output of the circular saw to fit the requirement of each of the tasks that you want to handle. Its blade size allows it to make cuts that go up to 2-1/2 inches deep.
- Has a 5150 RPM motor.
- Light in weight and high strength.
- Has a rubber grip.
- Has a 6-1/2 inch carbide tipped blade
- It has a lightweight magnesium shoe that enables it to provide long-term durability for accurate straight cuts.
- The saw offers a comfortable grip making it very easy and effective to be used.
- The 50 degrees bevel capacity allows for easy bevel cuts for different applications.
- The 5150 RPM of this circular saw delivers high speed that makes the most demanding cuts with ease.
- Controlling dust while using this saw may be an issue
- Some users have also reported that the plastic guard is not as heavy duty as most people would like it.
2 CRAFTSMAN 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw - best circular saw 2021
This is the CRAFTSMAN 7-1/4 inch circular saw and it falls among the best circular saw 2021. This is also another best circular saw for beginners. It delivers the power that is needed to complete everyday tasks. Consequently, this circular saw has a 5,500 RPM motor that makes it the best circular saw for aggressive cutting.
- Has a spindle lock mechanism.
- Has a magnesium shoe.
- Has a metal upper and lower guard.
- Ability to withstand harsh conditions.
- Compact and lightweight.
- It has a high quality battery that allows for aggressive cutting of the piece of wood that you are working with.
- The presence of the magnesium shoe offers durability and reduces weight when using this circular saw.
- The metal upper and lower guard offers added durability.
- The overmolded handle offers additional comfort when using this circular saw.
- Has a tool-free beveling shoe pivot up to 55 degrees for angled cuts and 45 degrees for ease of use.
- It is relatively affordable.
- Has a carbide-tipped blade that delivers a speed of up to 5,500 RPMs.
- Have neither brakes nor laser guide.
- Has no dust collector.
- It has no worm drive.
3 DEWALT 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Electric Brake - best Dewalt circular saw
This is the DEWALT with a 7-1/4 inches blade size circular saw. This best circular saw for woodworking weighs only 8.8 pounds and requires lithium ion batteries. It mostly comes in the color yellow and is made of plastic or metal material. This is a corded circular saw, meaning that it has to be powered to the socket for it to be used.
- A high grade aluminum smooth base.
- Ball bearing lower guard.
- 15 amp
- light in weight.
- Has an electric brake.
- It is the best circular saw for most DIY projects.
- The electric brake system is of high quality since it stops the blade in 2 seconds. This ensures that productivity is achieved.
- Has a tough 9 feet cord.
- It does not make noise, making it very convenient to be used in quiet environments without worrying about causing disturbances to neighbors.
- It is the best value for your money.
- Is light in weight making it very easy to handle.
- This best circular saw for beginners also comes with an extra tool kit for blade changing.
- Easy to maneuver around.
- This corded circular saw does not come with a rip fence. The rip fence is offered separately, meaning that you may spend a little too much than you expected.]
- The electric blade works perfectly but it does not stop immediately as it should
- The base plates are somehow not stable.
- The blade also wobbles a little after it has been used for a long.
4 DEWALT ATOMIC 20V MAX Circular Saw, 4-1/2-Inch, Tool Only - skilsaw circular saw
The DEWALT ATOMIC 20V MAX Circular saw is categorized as another best circular saw for woodworking. This compact circular has a hanging hook that increases convenience. In addition to that, the electronic blade has been designed to offer exceptional safety in that it stops the blade immediately.
Furthermore, this best circular saw 2020 also has an onboard blade key storage for easy blade changing. The handle can also be removed and this increases control.
- The existence of a hanging hook makes this circular saw more convenient.
- The electric blade stops immediately which increases safety and productivity.
- Has an on-board dust port that increases dust control.
- This best circular saw for woodworking has a brushless motor that allows for perfectly straight cuts.
- The bevel gear allows the users of this circular saw to cut 2x the materials being used.
- It is light in weight making it very easy to move around and use.
- Has multiple positions that you can hold onto when using this circular saw.
- Has a dust collection port.
- The narrow design of this best circular saw for beginners opens up cutting in spaces.
5 SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight - makita 7-1/4-inch circular saw
The SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp 7-1/4 inch lightweight worm drive circular saw. Many users of this circular saw have reported that this product is power and energy efficient. In addition to that, it is also of high quality and functions well. If you want a circular saw that will offer you the best value for your money then this is the best saw for you.
- Has a 53 degrees bevel that allows users to complete different cuts successfully.
- The existence of the lightest magnesium construction reduces user fatigue for a reduced time.
- The 15 amp power gives the users of this saw the power to rip through the lumber in reduced time.
- The cut-ready depth helps for quick and accurate depth measurements.
- It has an anti-snag lower guard that provides smooth operation for small cuts.
- It is made of the lightest magnesium construction that minimizes user fatigue.
- The easy to cut depth of the cut system helps with accurate depth measurements.
- It is slightly loud when being used, making it slightly uncomfortable when used in quiet environments.
6 SKIL 5280-01 Circular Saw - best circular saw for beginners
SKIL 5280-01 Circular Saw with Single Beam Laser Guide 15 Amp 7-1/4 inch. This circular saw is known for its ability to cut smoothly because of the laser beam guide. It is also more durable and lasts longer, making it the best circular saw for woodworking.
The good thing about SKIL is that, if needed, you can get the Skilsaw circular saw parts from the company. Replacement of worn-out parts is much cheaper as compared to buying them from the outside.
There are various comparisons that have come up when comparing Skilsaw vs. circular saw, and the basis of comparison is mainly on how they operate. It is very easy to work with this circular saw, especially since it comes with a Skilsaw circular saw manual. It’s also one of the best corded circular power saws you’ll ever find on the market.
- Has a powerful 15 amp motor that delivers greater speed and faster cuts.
- It also has a dust blower that keeps the line cut free of dust. This increases visibility when you are working on your projects.
- The 51 degree bevel capacity for a wide variety of cuts.
- The 7-1/4 inch carbide-tipped blade makes it very easy to change the blades.
- It is affordable. This is very convenient for many people since they can afford to get this product to their workspace.
- SKIL offers a limited warranty on all of its products.
- For accurate and straight cuts, this is the best circular saw to use.
- It comes with a compact design which makes it very easy for users to cut effortlessly through the materials.
- It also comes with a carrying bag which is very efficient since it acts as a protective casing.
- It is not visually appealing.
- It does not have an electric brake. The safety mechanism is based on the trigger release system.
7 DEWALT Sliding Compound Miter Saw - dewalt circular saw
The DEWALT Sliding Compound Miter Saw, 12 inch is also another best circular saw for woodworking. This circular saw has a precise miter system that delivers accurate miter angles. The best left blade circular saw has a bevel of 0-48 degrees. The tall sliding fences support a 6-3/4 inch base vertically. For accuracy and durability, the dual horizontal steel rails with linear ball bearings have also been included in the circular saw.
- This circular saw offers the best excellent cuts and quality materials.
- The blade is good for lumber.
- It is very powerful and quiet when being used. Consequently, it has a smooth sliding action and a sawdust catcher.
- It offers perfect cuts when removed straight out of its box.
- It is highly reliable and tough. This is what makes it durable and increases its ability to last long.
- It has a handle that is easy to hold onto.
- If you want to enjoy the value of your money then this is the best circular saw for your work.
- Gives precise and straight cuts.
- Lacks a cutting guide.
- Some users have also reported that for fine cuts, this circular saw needs high-quality
- What is the best circular saw for cutting wood?
The best circular saw for your cutting wood DIY projects is the Makita circular saw. Overall, it is the Makita 7-1/4 inch circular saw. It is all-round and has a high performance and great features. It is a powerful corded circular saw that will work towards ensuring that you get the desired results that you were looking for.
It has a lightweight magnesium shoe that makes it easy to handle and maneuver when using in your workspace.